Parachute 2013 Favorites

This year marked my fifth time attending the annual Parachute Music Festival (held just outside of my hometown, Hamilton). Although there are many things that keep me coming back year after year, the one thing I love most about the festival is the chance to discover and rediscover great music.

This year was no exception. There were so many amazing artists and I wish I could mention them all but for the sake of time (and to avoid me rambling as I often tend to do) I've narrowed it down to just three– the creme-de-la-creme, so to speak.

Farah Loux


Farah Loux (formerly known as Alaska) are a firm crowd favorite every year at Parachute. Listening to them, it's not hard to see why. I love how they use such an array of different instruments (rather than the standard guitar and drums). They have such a unique, folky sound that is oh-so-catchy!




The Soorleys


The Soorleys were an exciting new discovery for me this year. These guys put the family band stereotypes well and truly to rest. What more can I say? It was love at first sight (or should I say sound?)



HalfNoise


HalfNoise's intense drumming made for a performance that can only be described as epic. In fact, I think I saw a few broken drumsticks and blistered hands at the end of it all! These guys were so good, I actually went out and bought their EP!



Let me know what you think!

Rachel xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment