Review: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains



Now, I should probably start this post with a disclaimer: I'm no beauty blogger! In saying that, I have absolutely fallen in love with Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains. So much so that thought it warranted a beauty post– my FIRST beauty post (how exciting)!
I'd been hearing a lot about these stains and how amazing they are for a while but had managed to resist the hype. That was until Estee from Essiebutton did a review on them. At that point I was sold– I'd trust Estee's opinion on anything! #girlcrush
 
The shades I got are Smitten (left) and Lovesick (right). They cost $22.99NZL each from Farmers, which I think is pretty reasonable.

Colours:

Both are very pink and very bright, but that's what I like about them. They manage to add a nice pop of colour to your lips without overpowering your face with their brightness. 
 I really can't decide which one I like better because they are very different shades of pink. Lovesick is a youthful, candy pink, for days when you're feeling a bit "playful" (for lack of a better word), while Smitten is more of a sophisticated, berry hue. Both are beautiful.

Packaging:

The packaging is a bit weird to me. I don't understand this crayon-style lip colour phenomenon, Is it meant to be easier to use? I get that Revlon are trying to jump onto the Clinique Chubby Stick band wagon but I find the pointy, crayon tip to be a bit annoying to apply. I suppose when it's used down to more of a "nub" it might feel a bit more normal but in the meantime it's like I'm drawing on my lips with a Crayola!

Wear:

As Estee says in her review, they can be a bit drying. When you first apply it it feels very moisturising but leave it an hour or so and you'll begin to feel that effect wear off, leaving just the "stain" on your lips. I don't find it too bad, although if you have dry lips be mindful of it "settling" into the little cracks and crevices. For me it's nothing a bit of clear chapstick won't fix.

Being a stain, these bad boys last like nothing else! Seriously, you could sit down for a ten course meal and the colour would look almost as perfect as when you first applied it. I did some swatches on the back of my hand in store, got home and tried to wash them off but couldn't! I was left with several pink lines on my hands that show no sign of wearing off anytime soon! 


For someone who easily gets stuck in a makeup rutt (I've been wearing the same tinted chapstick everyday for almost 6 months) I think this might be the perfect product to broaden my lip colour horizon. I'm so in love with the colours and I'll definitely be purchasing more shades in the future.

Have you tried Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains? What did you think? Leave a comment below.

Rachel xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment