2015 AKA The Year I Failed As A Blogger

2015 began in Melbourne (via Instagram)

This year has been quite the ride! Twenty-fifteen began in Melbourne with a lot of uncertainty. I had moved from the only country I'd ever called home and was feeling like a fish out of water. I was unsure where I was going to live, what I was going to do and, with my savings quickly dwindling, how I was going to achieve my travel ambitions. 


In January I was blogging a lot as an outlet for my many varying thoughts on this awkward transitional time in my life. After quitting my toxic full-time job in September it gave me something to do and made me feel like I was contributing to the world in my own way. 


A trip along the beautiful Great Ocean Road was a highlight in January (via Instagram)

However the stress was all too real and culminated in a traumatising ordeal in the shower when my hair began falling out by the fistful. Bawling and balding I called my mum and unloaded every pent up worry I had been internalising

Then in February, like an answer to prayer, I was offered a six-month temp position in Brisbane (which eventually turned into a year long contract). Although it meant leaving Melbourne and returning to living with my parents, it also meant I could save, save, save for the ultimate goal... London.

Bribie Island, north of Brisbane (via Instagram)

So that's where I've been ever since. Although I've managed the occasional post (and blog makeover) I can't say I've been in the blogging frame of mind. Hence why I can say that 2015 was the year I failed miserably as a blogger. 


Brisbane as seen from New Farm park (via Instagram)

I hope that 2016 will be better for the ol' blog. I have many exciting plans in store and I cannot wait to share my adventures on here. 

Until then, Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

Rachel

0 comments:

Post a Comment