When Dreams Become Reality

Magical Edinburgh, Scotland (Sourced from realedinburgh.co.uk)

After a long hiatus, I feel like now is a good time to resume this blog.  Let me tell you why:

I'm moving to Edinburgh!

After years of dreaming about my great escape to Europe the time has finally come... and it feels surreal.  The reason I started this blog in the first place (as Places to Go, Things to See) was so I could share my travel aspirations with likeminded people.  It is the most scary/exciting/thrilling feeling to know that in a matter of WEEKS I will finally set off to conquer the world!

It's been a rougher road than I first anticipated.  I think of the eager 21-year-old who started this blog expecting to achieve her goal right out of uni.  In reality it has taken two and a half years, one toxic job, then a stressful move to a new city country with no job prospects, almost running out of savings and finally moving in with my parents 1000's of miles away from everything and everyone I know.  

However it has definitely been worth it.  What's that old gym mantra?  No pain, no gain?  I think that applies here (and as someone who avoids working out like the plague this is probably one of the only times I can legitimately use this phrase!).

I've heard only great things about Edinburgh– a city of culture and history, they say.  Sounds like the perfect fit!  My wonderful friend, Emma (from Daydream Believer) will be making the move with me.  As she's been living in London for the past two years becoming somewhat of a travel expert along the way, I will be relying on her to teach me her globe trotting ways. 

So let the blogging resume!  I'm sure there will be many stories to tell in the near future.

Rachel

0 comments:

Post a Comment