Well done, London!

Fireworks during the closing ceremony (sourced from: London2012.com)

I'm just sitting here watching the closing ceremony/ waiting for the Spice Girls to come out and I can't help but feel a little disappointed! Not because of the ceremony itself– it's pretty amazing so far– but because it is all ending! :(

I've made no secret of my love for London, it's one of my favorite cities! I've really enjoyed watching the marathons, triathlons and cycling events that toured this wonderful city from the streets. Aside from actually being there, I think it's the best way to see the London sights.

Also, I love the sense of unity that comes along with having the entire world represented in one place at one time and for one reason. It's so special and fills me with so much pride!

But even though these games are ending, I guess I can take comfort in the fact that the next games are that much closer! I can't wait for Rio 2016, let's see if they can out-do London 2012– it's not going to be an easy task!!

What was your favorite part of the games?

Rachel xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment