Recipe: Perfect Pikelets


My Nana was the best baker I knew. Sunday lunch at her house was sure involve some of her yummy homemade treats. Pikelets were one of her specialties and although I have inherited her recipe I am yet to make them quite as good as her (although they come pretty damn close if I do say so myself!).

Here's the recipe for you to try at home. My one tip would be don't heat the pan too much. I made far too many horribly burnt pikelets before learnt that lesson!


Perfect Pikelets

2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups self raising flour

1. Beat eggs and sugar with an egg beater.
2. Add milk and vanilla essence
3. Sift in flour and fold until well mixed
4. Place a tablespoon or so onto a buttered frypan on a medium heat until bubbles appear and then flip
5. Cook for another minute or until golden brown then remove from heat
6. Serve and enjoy :)


Let me know how yours turn out! Leave a comment below.

Rachel

0 comments:

Post a Comment